If you have a WordPress Maintenance package with WP Manager – then you can rest assured your website is already safe guarded with the latest firewalls and security for protection, as well as the best wordpress security plugins – Phew!
If you don’t, then you need to at least ensure you have a security plugin installed on your website and your hosting has a good firewall for good measure!
41% of WordPress Sites get hacked due to unstable Hosting or PC Malware.
(Talk to us today about Hosting your WordPress Website)
51% of WordPress Sites are hacked through Plugins and Themes, from unstable releases, conflicts, loop holes and vulnerabilities (Read our post here on why keeping your Plugins and Themes up to date is so important for security)
8% is down to weak passwords!
Here are some things to put on your checklist in order to help secure your wordpress website from attack
1. Ensure you regularly back up your website
2. Choose a secure password made up of numbers and characters – something not easily guessable!
3. Install a plugin to hide your WP admin (such as Protect your Admin) – change the url to reduce the chances of becoming a victim of malicious spam attacks
4. Ensure your Hosting service has appropriate protection and firewalls in place.
5. Install a wordpress security plugin
To start with – both Wordfence and Sucuri are top rated products and extremely popular options. Both offer free and paid extensions and these differ, so in most cases it is best to compare and look through the full specs of each through their individual websites.
These are just some of the core features available from both plugins but they do vary, so to be sure you choose the one that suits you best, check out the full list of features on each website.
Send this to a friend